External Instructors

Are you an outdoor centre or do you have a member of staff working for you who is qualified to instruct climbing?

If you hold one of the following nationally recognised awards for instructors, then you are good to go:

  • SPA (Single Pitch Award) and CWA (Climbing Wall Award)
  • MIA (Mountain Instructor Award)
  • MIC (Mountain Instructor Certificate)
  • BMG (British Mountain Guide)

We require proof of business address (first visit only for invoicing) that instructors hold the CWA and a valid First Aid as a minimum plus evidence that the school / organisation has Public Liability Insurance (also known as Civil or Third Party Insurance) in place that covers climbing at an indoor wall.

We ask that you please operate within our conditions of use. For more information, please download the documents below, copies are also available in KONG Adventure Centre. You can also save time on arrival by pre-filling out the forms below.

  • External Instructor form
  • External Instructed group form
  • Conditions of use for External instructors

Need some equipment?

We have a full range of climbing equipment available to hire, from boots to harnesses. If you wish to hire any equipment, please contact us before you arrive and we will put them to one side for you.


Price £4.50pp (For 4 or more in group)

Groups of 3 and under are charged at the ‘Unsupervised Member Price’ per person.

If you would like to know more please call us on

017687 75907