Learn to Climb – Adults NICAS Course
Would you like to learn a new sport or hobby?
Perhaps you have had a go at climbing and are not sure how to carry on?
Or don’t have a buddy to come climbing with?
Indoor climbing presents lots of fascinating physical and also mental challenges as well as sociable and friendly. It’s also great way of keeping fit too.
Why not join our beginners (NICAS) climbing course?
This six week course will give you the confidence and skills to climb indoors safely. You can come on your own and meet other beginners to climb with. This could be the start of not just a new hobby but new friendships too! We follow the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) so you will gain a recognised qualification.
The course includes all the following:
- Six sessions with fully qualified instructor
- 12 month membership of Kong Adventure
- Hire of equipment (shoes, harness, belay device)
- 15% discount to buy your own equipment from our shop
- Hot or cold drink (tea, coffee or water) at each session
All this for six weekly payments of £20 (NICAS BOOKS EXTRA COST AT £7.50)
NEXT COURSES: Starts October 4th for 6 weeks
Adult NICAS course – Please phone (01768775907) or Email (email@example.com) us to add your name on the course or waiting list
The adult course runs for six Mondays, 7pm-8.30pm.
We follow the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) content so you will have a nationally recognised qualification at the end of the course. More about NICAS here.
NICAS certificates and log books
NICAS beginners course objectives:
- To develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability.
- To learn climbing rope-work and how to use equipment appropriately.
- To develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport.
- To work as a team, communicate with, and trust a climbing partner.
- To provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance.
- To develop an understanding of the sport, its history and future challenges.
- To provide a record of personal achievement.
- To point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing
And not forgetting our extra objective – To have fun!
Not sure if this course is for you?
Then call or email our staff and we will be happy to advise you. We also run one hour taster sessions that will give you a flavour of what indoor climbing is all about.