Kong Adventure is a trading name of King Kong Climbing Centre Ltd, part of the Paul Cornforth Ltd Group.
We can accept orders through our online store, email, or over the phone. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal. All orders must be paid for in full before we will post them out. If the issuer of your card refuses to authorise or delays the payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay and / or non-delivery of your order.
All orders are subject to these terms and conditions, and by placing an order using our website, over the phone, e-mail or in store, you are agreeing to them.
References to the ‘company’, ’us’ or ‘we’ refers to Kong Adventure, a trading name of King Kong Climbing Centre Ltd. References to the ‘customer’, ’you’, ’your’ shall mean the person or persons purchasing or agreeing to purchase goods from the company. All references to the ‘Website’, ‘online’ or ‘online store’ shall include all URL’s owned by Kong Adventure, and partner companies.
For next day delivery orders must be placed before 12 o’clock noon. Any order placed after this time with next day delivery selected will still be charged the full rate but may not arrive until 2 days after the order was placed. Please note, that any orders placed with next day deliver on Saturdays or Sundays, won’t arrive until Tuesday.
We make every effort to ensure that your order is delivered to you undamaged and in working order, however damage can occur during transport. If your order arrives damaged, missing items or with the wrong items, you must notify us within 7 days. If we receive no such notification the order will be deemed as satisfactory by the customer. Any subsequence returns or exchange after this may incur additional charges as laid out in the Returns & Exchanges section.
We use primarily Royal Mail and APC, but may also use other delivery companies. We cannot be held responsible and accept no liability of any lost order, damaged product(s) or delayed and/or failed deliveries caused by them, as once our order is handed to them it is their responsibility to ensure its delivery.
Conditions for Returning, Exchange or Refunding Products
Return, Exchanges and refunds requests can be initiated by one of the following two options:
Please bring the product(s) to our High Street Store on Heads Rd, Keswick along with the receipt.
By filling in the returns form and posting them back to:
Kong Adventure, Heads Road, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5EZ
Please contact the store by phone beforehand and we strongly recommend you use suitable packaging to ensure their safe transit, and use a recorded/insured delivery service, as we will not be held responsible for returned goods lost or damaged in transit.
If you wish to return or exchange an item that you have purchased online or at our High-Street Store all items must first meet the following criteria, in addition to other conditions outlined below.
• All Items must be returned in a new and unused condition
• They must have all the original packaging, labelling and tags
• Be complete, with any additional accessories or stickers supplied returned as well
• Returned with the original Receipt/Packing Slip.
If a product is returned and does not meet all of the above criteria KONG Adventure holds the right not to process the refund/return/exchange
In addition to the above criteria, the following conditions must also be met;
Items bought from our High-Street Store
1. Any unused and unworn items, with the exception of items ordered specially and items sold as “shop soiled” or reduced, can be exchanged or refunded within 30 days of purchase.
2. Any faulty goods returned within 30 days of purchase with minimal wear and accompanied by proof of purchase will be exchanged for an identical item or refunded. Please note this may require KONG Adventure to order that item in.
3. Any faulty goods returned more than 30 days from purchase and accompanied by a proof of purchase may be sent for repair, or replacement or refunded at the Managers discretion.
4. Where a fault or the cause of the fault is not apparent to our staff we reserve the right to send the item for testing before deciding on any action to be taken
5. Any faulty goods returned showing wear and which cannot be reasonably repaired may have an amount deducted from the refund or credit note
6. Where an item was purchased by Credit/Debit card then any refund must be made on the same Credit/Debit Card
This policy is in addition to and does not affect your Statutory Rights.
Items Bought Online
Cancellation within 14 days
All Items bought online have the RIGHT TO BE CANCELLED within a 14 day period.
1. A cancellation request must be submitted within 14 days of purchase either by EMAIL or phone – 017687 75907
2. Orders cancelled within 14 days will receive a full refund including postage and surcharges
3. It is up to the customer to pay for the return postage
4. The RETURNS FORM will need to be filled in and forwarded to KONG Adventure
5. Proof of postage must be obtained and a copy EMAILED to KONG Adventure
6. The Item must be returned within 14 days of the cancellation request
7. The refund will not be processed until the item has been received instore and items checked to ensure they meet all the criteria outlined above.
Returns and Exchanges Within 30 days
Most items can be returned to KONG Adventure and the customer issued a full refund or exchanged within 30 days of purchase. However, some items are not included, please see below for details
1. A return or exchange request must be submitted within 30 days either by EMAIL or phone – 017687 75907
2. Orders returned/exchanged between 14 -30 days will only receive a refund for items purchased, the postage cost and surcharge will not be refunded.
3. The customer is required to pay for the return postage.
4. The item must be returned within 14 days of the return/exchange request
5. In the case of exchanges KONG Adventure will pay for the replacement item to be posted to the customer one additional time. For any subsequent exchanges the customer will be required to pay for the postage for the returning item and for the new item being sent out.
6. The RETURNS FORM should be printed out, completed and mailed back with the item.
7. Proof of postage should be obtained and an EMAIL sent to KONG Adventure
8. The refund/exchange will not be processed until the item has been received back instore and the item(s) checked to ensure they meet all the above criteria.
Damaged, Faulty and Wrongly Delivered items
KONG Adventure take every precaution to try and ensure that all items are delivered in good working order and undamaged, however we understand that some damage may occur during transport. Similarly, mistakes could be made while packing or the wrong item sent by mistake.
1. KONG Adventure must be informed of any damaged, faulty or wrongly delivered items within 14 days of delivery.
2. The item will need to be posted back to KONG Adventure along with the completed RETURNS FORM within 14 days of notifying them.
3. Once the item has been received by our high-street store and any damaged, faulty or incorrectly delivered item has been confirmed by a member of staff, a full refund or replacement will be processed.
4. In the case of a refund, KONG Adventure will refund the full amount paid, including the original postage and surcharge and the postage paid to return the item. Proof of cost must be supplied.
5. In the case of a replacement KONG Adventure will pay for the post of the new item to be sent out and a refund will be issue for the cost of sending the item back. Proof of cost must be provided.
i) In some cases, this will mean KONG Adventure may have to order in new stock. You will be informed of this at the time and a time frame will be given. It is up to the customer if they wish to wait for the item to come into stock or take a refunded instead. KONG Adventure can not be held accountable for any delays to this time frame caused by its suppliers.
Items that can not be returned, refunded or exchanged.
KONG Adventure sell items that are considered Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Due to the nature of PPE, we cannot accept any returns or Exchanges on these products. These items include but are not limited to; harness, ropes, belay equipment, karabiners, helmets, climbing protection. If you are unsure whether the item you are purchasing is classed as PPE please contact KONG Adventure.
This is in addition to and does not affect your Statuary Rights.
Prices & Payment
All prices are in Pounds Sterling (£) and are inclusive of VAT at the current UK rate, unless it’s a VAT exempt item, i.e. children’s clothing, books, or if it is clearly stated. All prices are subject to change at any time, and although we try to ensure all prices are accurate, some discrepancies may occur. In the event that you purchase an item showing the wrong price, or if a price changes while you are ordering, then we will endeavour to contract you and inform you of the price difference. If you still wish to purchase the item, the remaining balance will be taken and the order processed. If you do not wish to proceed with the order a refund will be given.
Prices in store and online may differ, and prices shown at one location do not have to be honoured at the other.
We do offer a price match service in store, but this is at a manager’s discretion, and the item must be available and in stock in the exact same size and colour, with proof of current price and availability. Our own online store is exempt from this service.
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard and PayPal, but not American Express. Please be aware that some credit/debit cards will incur an additional surcharge as well.
We reserve the right to cancel any order or transaction at any time.
Sales, Offers & Discounts
Online and in store sales offers & discounts may differ, and may run at different times. For our current discount availability, please ask a member of staff. Discounts may not be applicable to online purchases.
Discount availability and percentage offered to groups or individuals may vary across the purchasing options I.e. In store, online, over the phone etc.
Sales, offer & discounts cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other sale, offer or discount.
Products & Stock
Products are sold singularly unless otherwise stated, and may not always be available.
Although we always try to ensure the stock shown on the online store is correct, some discrepancies may occur. In the event that a product that you have ordered is no longer in stock, we will contact you as we process your order with details of how long it will take to get the item back in stock. If you do not wish to wait for the product to come back into stock, a full refund will be arranged.
If you are looking for an item that we don’t currently stock, but is a brand we supply, then we can often place a special order to get the product in for you. These special orders have the following additional terms and conditions:
When ordering we require payment in full before we place the order, and we will need you to be exact on your preferences on colour and size. Delivery, may cost extra due to a supplier delivery charge, and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive depending on the brand, although we hope it will be sooner than this.
If the product is later found to be undesired, unsuitable or the wrong size upon collection, you may only receive 50% of the cost price back.
Please note, that discounts are not available on special orders, except by special approval of the management.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total fee, or full payment if only one person is doing one activity, will be required to confirm the booking. In cases of large bookings/ organised groups or at a manager’s discretion, an appropriately substantial amount may be accepted.
For organised groups wishing to pay by invoice, no deposit is required, but once the booking is confirmed, they are still liable for cancellation charges.
A booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of a deposit, or if a member of Kong Adventure (KA) staff gives a clear statement stating that it is confirmed with the date, time and number of clients.
Once this booking has been confirmed a contract shall then exist between KA and the client making the booking. It will also be presumed that the client agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Booking.
If a booking has not been confirmed, then there is no obligation by KA to either run the activity nor to reimburse any costs that may be associated with the booking
Payment of Balance:
Remittance of the outstanding amount shall be payable prior to commencement of the final session, or within 30 days from receiving an invoice.
By Client: Should the client wish to cancel after confirmation, they will firstly be offered an alternative date or activity, or should this not be suitable, then a voucher for the paid amount shall be issued.
If a cash refund is specifically desired, or for groups who requested payment by invoice; then the following cancellation fees apply:
- If cancelled between 30 – 14 days prior to activity: 50% of the total fee shall be retained by KA
- If cancelled between 7 – 13 days prior to activity: 75% of the total fee shall be retained by KA
- If cancelled between 1-6 days prior to activity: 100% of the total fee shall be retained by KA
Management may also make exceptions to the above in certain Force Majeure situations.
By KA: Should KA have to cancel a booking due to the weather or by force majeure, then the client shall be offered either an alternative date, activity, or should this not be suitable, then a voucher for the paid amount shall be issued. A full cash refund may also be given at the discretion of management.
N.B. Cancellation or curtailment of a session due to breach of the activity’s conditions set in the activity disclaimer, will receive no refund or reimbursement.
Error in Booking:
Should the client make an error in booking, either: the wrong date/time; wrong session choice or wrong location, then KA will endeavour to rearrange the booking where possible, but is under no obligation to do so. Should this not be possible, then the cancellation by client policy above will be in effect.
Clients are advised to take out insurance cover against personal accident, injury, course cancellation, theft and damage.
KA carries full public liability insurance cover.
These may be subject to alteration or re-arrangement in the event of unsuitable weather conditions, or factors beyond KA’s control.
Refusal or Curtailment of Participation:
KA reserves the right to refuse a booking, if in their opinion a client is not suitable due to either physical or mental fitness, condition or behaviour. This includes but is not limited to, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Should a client arrive late or fail to be ready for the session start time by more than 10 minutes, or does not wait in the requested area and cannot be found by the instructor, then KA is under no obligation to allow them to participate in the session. Where possible, KA will endeavour to rearrange the session, or should this not be possible, offer a voucher. Should a voucher not be acceptable, then a cash refund may be issued at the management’s discretion, which may include up to a 75% cancellation fee.
To download a copy of our Terms & Conditions of booking please click here